The importance of adopting the correct strategic approach to translating software and related documentation is critical if it is going to be successful.
Our experienced implementation of translation tools offers you the client all of the benefits offered by this technology:
- consistency of terminology
- consistency of style
- retention of existing code / tags / layout
- translation of files in their native format
- accelerated translation process
- redeployment of repetitive translation segments
- future updates at a fraction of the cost and time
- project-based terminology management
- data-mining: creating a resource from past translations
Preliminary consultation with the customer.
- What is the product? What is its functionality?
- Who uses it? A typical consumer profile? Assumed level of technical insight of users?
- What is the scope of the proposed translation project?
- What are the time parameters for the project?
- What existing translation resources are available? Terminology databases? Previous translations?
Analysis and quotation:
- Complete electronic word counts
- Analyse repetition
- Analyse usefulness of previous translations or terminology as potential resources
- Identify potential problem areas
- Characterise the technical content
- Submission of a quotation based on our assessment of the project
Preparation, data-mining and customer approval:
- Alignment of existing translations with source texts
- Rejection of inappropriate or inconsistent translation resources
- Scan and extract candidate terms from source documents
- Submit candidate terms with proposed translations
- Develop language policies to promote consistent document style
- Extensive collaboration with the customer to approve and refine terminology, translation memory, language policies
The translation stage:
- Full briefing to our assigned team of translators
- Provide each translator with translation memory, termbase, language policies
- Schedule translation portions
- On-going translation memory and terminology updates
- In-house proofreading
- Consistency checks
- Localisation checks
- Terminology database management
- Translation memory management
- (Phased) delivery to the customer
- Electronic submission of files
- Application testing by the customer